February 28, 2008

Barry Bonds

Quite frankly, I hate the guy. I wish he had never broke the all-time HR record (Please overtake the record A-Rod). But, even as much as I dislike the guy. I can't deny how great of a player he is. There have been rumors going around that he might become a D'Ray, although the chances are very slim. Personally I'm a huge fan of the Rays. They have lots of good young players and more on the way. I think they have a real chance to contend this year with the roster they have right now. Of course they won't win the division, but who knows, maybe they can make a run at the wild card.

Anyway, Shawn over at Squawking Baseball worked some numbers which really show how much the Rays would benefit from Bonds. If they replaced Jonny Gomes with Bonds they are the second best offense in the AL (using Dave Pinto’s Marcel team offense estimate).

Check out the post by Shawn here: http://squawkingbaseball.com/?p=82

No comments: