March 12, 2008

Neon Genesis Evangelion

So, I just finished up this series today. Yeah, I know, WTF took me so long to get to watching? Well, in my defense, it's a mecha anime. I hate mecha anime. But, my buddy AJ finally talked me into watching it. Well, that and he made me watch the last episode which is FUCKING AMAZING!


Anyway, so I finally start to watch it and was like WTF? The first 13 episodes were shit. Everything I hate about mecha anime. Stupid giant robots fighting shit. Whoop-de-do. I was just about to stop watching it and tell AJ he just wasted about 6 hours of my life, but I decided to watch one more episode.

That episode was episode 14. The whole series suddenly because a lot more serious. Questions of life, love, death, morals and all that jazz came up. It got all philisophical and ended up being truly amazing. This is what I thought the show was going to be after watching the last episode.

Basically what I'm saying is watch NGE if you haven't. But, start at episode 14. Episode 14 sums up the previous 13 eps. After 14 it gets amazing.
Also, if you want more info on NGE check out the Wiki.

No comments: